Coagulation filtration is a process that introduces a coagulant, typically an iron or aluminum salt, to pretreat water contaminated with arsenic, iron, manganese, and/or sulfides. The process allows for significantly higher flow rates per square foot of media, creates less backwash water than other conventional treatment approaches, and has a smaller footprint which allows for lower operating and capital costs. This process involves a chemical addition, automated processes which decrease operator involvement and expense and does not generate a hazardous waste.
AdEdge uses ADGS+ black filter media used for removing soluble iron, manganese, hydrogen sulfide, arsenic and radium from water supplies in the coagulation/filtration process. The manganese dioxide coated the surface of GS+ acts as a catalyst in the oxidation-reduction reaction of iron and manganese. The silica sand core of GS+ allows it to withstand operating conditions in waters that are low in silica, TDS, and hardness. When using GS+, you can eliminate the aluminate feed. GS+ is effective at higher operating temperatures and higher differential pressures than ordinary manganese greensand. Tolerance to higher differential pressure can provide for longer run times between backwashes and a greater margin of safety.
GS+ is a proven technology for iron, manganese, arsenic, radium, and hydrogen sulfide removal. Unlike in-situ treated media feeds, there is no need for extensive preconditioning of filter media or lengthy startup periods, during which required water quality may not be met.
Features & Benefits of Coagulation/Filtration Treatment Systems:
- Use of a coagulant (i.e. ferric chloride) to aid in arsenic removal
- Arsenic (III) is oxidized to Arsenic (V)
- Low operating costs
- Effective for arsenic concentrations greater than 50 ppb
- More reliable and efficient removal of iron, manganese, and sulfide than conventional approaches using different medias
- Superior handling properties, stability, and NSF 61 certification
- Long life typically over 10 years before replacement
- Performance over wide range of incoming water quality
- Backwash water can be recycled using an H2Zero Backwash/Recycle system
Arsenic, iron, and manganese contaminating your drinking water?
Click here to contact us or fill out a site profile form and we’ll start working on a customized solution for you.